- Cement and Concrete Basics from the Portland Cement Association:
- Concrete Mix Designer -- Free Version:
- Another great mix design article:
- CONCRETE MIX DESIGN:
The article on this page describes the Standard Practice for Selecting Proportions for Normal, Heavyweight, and Mass concrete based on a report published by the American Concrete Institute (ACI), Committee 211. The Standard (ACI 211.1-91, Reapproved 2002) has been approved for use by agencies of the Department of Defense.
- This site also has a great online concrete design calculator:
- Pensacola Testing Laboratories, Inc:
- The Perfect Mix Design: By Alan Sparkman
This is a great article too.
"Is there such a thing as a Perfect Mix Design? If you are looking for one mix design ‘recipe’ that will work perfectly for every job and every application, the answer is definitely “NO”. However, there is a right mix design for every job and every application, and with the right knowledge and good communication between a concrete contractor and his supplier, you can find The Perfect Mix Design for every one of your jobs." (Click on ConcreteSherpa to continue reading.)
There is a link to download a concrete mix design spreadsheet on this page.
Download from this page.
- Quikrete Calculator: