Today, I am sad and just plain irritated. - An Engineer's Aspect

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Monday, May 23, 2011

Today, I am sad and just plain irritated.

So, I wake up this morning to hear there are about 90 people dead because of tornadoes in Missouri. I am so sorry for all the friends and relatives. I am saddened for the people who have lost their homes and livelihoods. The devastation is tragic.

I am also irritated with people's resistance to change!

A Monolithic Dome hospital would have protected all of the patients. Monolithic Dome houses would have protected families.

Monolithic Dome businesses would have protected many, many people seeking shelter and preserved the business so afterward, people could go on making a living.

Monolithic Dome schools have actually been mostly funded by FEMA because they can be tornado shelters for entire communities. There is no reason that every town in "Tornado Alley" couldn't have a Monolithic Dome Tornado Shelter.

Yet--people are so resistant to change (for the better even) that when it comes right down to it, many choose metal buildings and wood buildings because they don't want something round in town.
I live in a Monolithic Dome in Texas. I go to bed at night knowing that if a tornado hits while I am sleeping, my children are protected. Yes, my house is round!

I also think it is beautiful. I love the sweeping curves and I appreciate the openness and better use of space. I think my Monolithic Dome home is sexy...like a new sports car. Why would I want an old model car that doesn't pass safety tests, when I could have a new, sleek, curvy safe car!?
I am so sad about the lives lost that could have been protected, if not by a Monolithic Dome house, by the community having a Monolithic Dome as a shelter somewhere.

Please visit The Monolithic Dome Institute's website. You will not find a more helpful, caring company anywhere in the world. Send me a note and come see our house...tour the president's house. You can tour dome gyms, or call the church in Alabama that was unharmed by the tornadoes there. One phone call could save many lives.

My heart goes out to all the people in Missouri today. May you find peace.